gratitude — the state of being grateful : thankfulness
On this Gratitude Sunday, I am grateful for:
- a truly glorious month of May — visits with good friends and family, new restaurants to try, a new job for James (which he is really loving so far), our sweet puppy who at 10 months of age had a training breakthrough, when everything we’d been teaching her seemed to suddenly make sense (except for my yarn stash, which she’d still tear apart if given the opportunity 🙂 )
- the smells of May — to simply breath the air around Baldy Hill these past few weeks has been divine — honeysuckle, lilacs, wisteria, peonies, not to mention the sweet cut grass, wildflowers, lily of the valley….who needs perfume!
- the return of fresh locally grown produce — nothing is better in May than asparagus by the bunches and box and boxes of strawberries 😉
- eating lunch on the porch, with little to listen to except for the birds and the bumblebees
- the best of picnic foods: my mom’s macaroni salad, pickled red beet eggs, and sweet zucchini relish 🙂
- visits to the garden center for yet another bag of potting soil
- watching those seedlings grow, grow, grow 🙂
- the books of Dervla Murphy — just finished The Ukimwe Road, fascinating read as always, and so honest and real. I love her writing.
- rain, finally some much needed rain!
- rhubarb custard
- making time for regular drawing sessions again — feels great!
- chocolate ice cream cones from the nearby drive-in
- a rare firework display on Baldy Hill last night, as part of a wedding celebration — beautiful and a wonderful send-off to this lovely month 🙂