gratitude — the state of being grateful : thankfulness
On this Gratitude Sunday, I am grateful for:
- April days — the snow has finally melted; the world around us is turning green again; and nature following its cycle, bringing us rebirth and renewal
- Meeting lots of great people at the Red Barn market yesterday — had a fun day, even if James forgot the sunscreen and came home looking a bit like a raccoon 🙂
- Memories of our good friend Chris from Spain; we heard this week he had died Wednesday after a brief but devastating illness. He was one of the first people we met when we moved to the village and indeed one of our fondest friends there. James and he kept in touch after he relocated to the UK and we to the US. In his last correspondence, he had hinted of an illness but provided no details. RIP, dear amigo
- Fun film matinee with my husband one dreary day this week — perhaps the plot was a tad predictable, but the genius actors make up for any other shortcomings; thoroughly enjoyable!
- Work being done to help preserve this important part of not just our local history but the national industrial history as well (shot taken from the movie theatre lobby, btw)
- Dandelion salad — no matter what the calendar says, spring has never truly arrived until the dandelion harvest; I more or less follow this recipe, except use “fakin’ bacon” instead of the real stuff
- Help I am receiving to assist in putting together all the required paperwork to get my BIG THING approved — apologies for not being able to reveal more about this yet, but I will as soon as I am able, fx! 🙂
- The small pile of birthday cards that arrived in the mail yesterday, which I’m saving to open tomorrow 😀
- Mac n cheese and garlicky greens for dinner
- Making plans to visit good friends in Philadelphia in May — can’t wait!
- Sunshine, after several days of rain
- Our little greenhouse, which may be petite is size but is working hard to keep our seeds and young seedlings warm and growing well 🙂