gratitude — the state of being grateful : thankfulness
On this Gratitude Sunday, I am grateful for:
- A warm, dry shelter, which is often taken for granted yet is not a given for too many people in the world
- Hearing from one of my good friends and making plans to reconnect soon
- Discovering a new diner with James — we missed diners so much when we were living in Spain, so we’re now always on the lookout for good ones 🙂
- Two major scores on Craigslist! (will be revealing some of the goodies in the coming weeks!)
- A quiet Valentine’s Day at home with my loves — I wouldn’t want it any other way…
- Especially as my main squeeze made me samosa-inspired pasties and a blackberry crumble for dinner 🙂
- These two bluebirds who showed up at our feeder yesterday; they’ve been on the property for several years but always kept their distance. But I reckon the desperate weather conditions changed their minds
- Much cheaper electric bill than expected!
- Mugs of hot chai
- A relaxing but productive afternoon with my parents
- The folks who have worked so hard this winter again to keep the roads clear of snow and ice
- The extra bits of daylight that assure us spring is not so very far off, despite the thermometer reading of -2F!