gratitude — the state of being grateful : thankfulness
On this Gratitude Sunday, I am grateful for:
- News from one of our dearest friends, whose husband has been dealing with a painful chronic condition, that the latest treatment seems to be producing some positive results
- That old classic of tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches, which brightens up any winter day
- Finding the perfect gift for someone
- The excitement of learning something new — in this case, a new knitting pattern 🙂
- A fun first visit to our state farm fair — so much to see (and eat!), including the famous (and inevitable) butter sculpture!
- Making plans for lunch with one of my best friends
- The evening winter light on Baldy Hill
- Increasingly later sunsets, making our days seem longer
- Discovering (another!) box of unpacked goodies, this time in our attic, where it was stored after our move from Spain
- Big bowls of homemade chile
- Starting a new novel written by one of my favorite authors
- New seed catalogues arriving in the mail every day
- Finally finishing a project that had been on my “to do” list (seemingly) forever!
- Waking up after a good night’s sleep