gratitude — the state of being grateful : thankfulness
On this Gratitude Sunday, I am grateful for:
- A bit of warmer weather and sunshine, which helped to reduce our snow piles by half; it’s still more than a foot deep though, but progress nonetheless!
- An unexpected grace day on Friday, which allowed me to catch up on some tasks I’d been putting off
- Each day we share with our animals, especially the older ones — our dogs turn 15 and 13 this year, and so their time with us seems all the more precious…especially this week when a close friend had to part with her own senior dog. We make sure to give them extra hugs and kisses, a massage to the oldest, a game of fetch with the younger
- Some exciting news for James — he received a job offer this week! His first permanent work since he finally got his green card 20 months ago, and in a field that promises to challenge and excite him. We’re both thrilled 🙂
- Garden planning season is upon us! Seed sorting, ordering, researching occupy my spare hours, as we’re a little bit behind schedule — we need to start planting the early seeds next week
- This winter may seem long and indeed is one of our snowiest, but it has also been one of the prettiest and peaceful here @ Baldy Hill
- This guy was still spotted at our bird feeders this week; I know he’ll be off on his way come spring, and we’ll surely miss him. But it was wonderful to spend the winter in his company
- Spring IS coming — and we could hear it in the return of birdsong this week 🙂
- Watching Mittens, a neighbor’s barn cat that seems to have adopted our barn as her home this winter, enjoy a day-old blueberry scone that James had put out for the birds — one happy kitty
- Being able to be there for my mother, when my parents received some difficult news (but they’ll be OK)
- An important meeting at work that I was charged with leading went well and was very productive
- Being reminded of Anais Nin’s oh-so-true quote, “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.” Indeed.