gratitude — the state of being grateful : thankfulness
On this Gratitude Sunday, I am grateful for:
- Fresh coat of snow Saturday morning to brighten up the garden and countryside — I always find our winterscape a bit on the sad side without a bit of the white stuff on the ground
- The bargain-priced organic blueberries and blackberries I found at the market on Monday — James had promised he’d make some little berry pies for me since I love the pastry he uses to make mincemeat pies (but not so much the mincemeat). And he did and they were delicious 🙂
- Being surprised at the laundromat by someone’s generous act of kindness — for her birthday, a woman had attached bags of quarters to each of the washing machines and dryers with a cheerful note attached. What a great idea!
- Window shopping at the fabric shop yesterday — lots of ideas and inspiration for easy spring and summer sewing projects
- Fun visit with my parents Thursday night
- Ski school on Thursday — although more than 20 years have passed since I last snapped into skis, I decided it was time to do so again and have a class this time. Had fun with my classmates Abby, Julia, and Hunter (average age 7) and managed not to fall, yay!
- Relaxing weekend — spent a lot of time in the kitchen (making Moroccan chickpea stew and a tortellini soup), organized my work desk, and stacked a lot of wood, but also made time for reading and knitting, too 🙂
- The brilliant light just before sunset — the ski has been putting on quite a show for us this week; I love all the pinks and blues and fiery reds, simply gorgeous
- Beginning to plan our garden with James — can’t believe it’s almost time for us to start planting seeds again (but excited too!)
- Being able to sleep in on Saturday morning — since my alarm goes off before 4 am most days, sleeping until almost 7 is a real treat!
- My hardworking husband
- More blessings than I can count, including the two furry pups soundly asleep at my feet 🙂