gratitude — the state of being grateful : thankfulness
On this Gratitude Sunday, I am grateful for:
- Filling the darker days with the soft glow of candles and twinkly fairy lights
- Catching a (really) good sale!
- Finishing and shipping the last of the Christmas orders for Baldy Hill Homemade well before the postal deadline
- Driving through the countryside at night to admire our neighbor’s holiday decorations, each home a uniquely beautiful reflection of its people
- A purring cat curled up on my lap
- The anticipation of the upcoming holidays and spending time with loved ones
- Our cookbook collection, which currently fills four shelves and provides constant inspiration in our kitchen
- Satisfaction of cleaning out my work e-mail inbox so that I can start the new year fresh after my two-week break
- Finally finishing decorating our own winter tree, which we both are certain is our most beautiful one yet!
- Singing along to my favorite Christmas carols when alone in the car
- Support and encouragement from one of my work colleagues on a day when I really needed it
- Watching our older dogs still enjoying a good romp in the freshly fallen snow