gratitude — the state of being grateful : thankfulness
On this Gratitude Sunday, I am grateful for:
- Quiet early-morning moments — just me, the birds, and the soft breathing of my sleeping family
- Glimpses into the lives of the animals that share our patch of Earth, like watching the mama deer and her oh-so-young babe, walking still on unsteady legs, cross Baldy Hill into our field
- Knowing when not to grab the camera and instead just take in fully moments like above
- Finding a new great dining spot, with many veggie/vegan/awesome menu items — loved the grilled veg panini and the vegan cupcakes 🙂
- Fireflies, suddenly everywhere in the night sky!
- James’ homemade bagels, yum 🙂
- Celebrating Father’s Day with my parents today. I have said it before and I’ll say it again — I kind of hit the lottery in the parent department. Kind, decent, patient, loving people now and always.
- The garden is growing, wow is it growing! And we’ve been busy planting, weeding, and planting some more. I am always amazed to see those brand new shoots pushing their way up and out of the soil — so exciting!
- Bargains galore at our local farm stand — the petunias above were practically given to me for nothing. And since we’re always so busy planting veg seeds that we forget about flowers, these beauties were a godsend.
- A gin and tonic w/ that little slice of lime at the end of a long, but satisfying, week 🙂