gratitude — the state of being grateful : thankfulness
On this Gratitude Sunday, I am grateful for:
- A week that just seemed to give, give, give in so many wonderful ways
- Snowdrops — more signs that Spring really is just around the corner
- An afternoon to myself Friday, an rare and cherished occurrence
- A series of technological events that nudged me to finally upgrade the OS on my iPhone and thus the need to free up some space on my computer hard drive; this resulted in me finally sorting through photos from the past couple of years. Which was such an unexpected joy — the past two years have been a period of such upheaval and full of stressful situations, as we experienced times of separation and moving continents, that to be reminded of all the GOOD FUN we had along the way was so, so great. 🙂
- This wonderful quote, from Ricky Gervais’ new series “Derek”: “We had the best life we could have possibly have had. Because we spent it together.” I feel the same way about the life I’m sharing with James. 🙂
- The weather this weekend! After an unexpected snowstorm Friday morning, the past two days have been sunny with temperatures soaring to 60F!
- This of course inspired us to do more seed shopping yesterday, and James spent today outside clearing brush and tidying the garden
- Buds — on the rose and the blueberry bushes!
- The first tomatoes and peas pushing through the soil in our mini greenhouses. 🙂
- Sunlight at 7 this evening, thanks to daylight saving time. Which although took away an hour of sleep from us today, actually gives me an extra hour of sleep for the next seven months. Huh? Because I work with a team in India, which doesn’t observe DST, my workday starts an hour later tomorrow. So I get to sleep in until 4ish, which feels like a luxury. (Yes, 4 am is a lie-in for me :-))
- New knitting projects for Spring (winter items in the shop are all on final clearance, btw, so be clever and save $$ by stocking up on woolies now)
- My cousin’s surprise engagement announcement today — she said yes! 🙂
And what are you grateful for today?