gratitude — the state of being grateful : thankfulness
On this Gratitude Sunday, I am grateful for:
- The return of the sun this week. After a week of gray skies, its presence was welcome and made the freezing temperatures a bit easier to bear
- The time James spent Monday chopping extra wood before the arctic weather arrived; it helped to keep us all so cozy the past week
- Navigating myself through another challenging spot at work; regardless of the outcome, I have already been surprised by the unexpected lessons learned
- An early birthday dinner out for James last night; we don’t eat out much and when do we often are underwhelmed and/or horrified by the cost, but Spice India delivered! And so many vegetarian options, yay!
- My hot water bottles, which are currently warming my pjs and the bed sheets 🙂
- Lunch with my mom last week; so good to see her taking the initiative to get out despite her mobility issues. Looking forward to our February date already!
- New yarn, including a bunch of new colors in organic cotton/wool — perfect for spring (yes, spring!)
- More stacks of seed catalogs and garden planning — new for sure this year, edamame, as we had such good luck with beans last summer
- Butternut squash soup
- Evenings by the wood stove, together as a family, knitting, reading, listening to the radio, playing games — the best of winter in my book 🙂
And what are you grateful for today?