gratitude — the state of being grateful : thankfulness
On this Gratitude Sunday, I am grateful for:
- A low-key ending to our Christmas break — just what we needed after a busy first half!
- Sharing a popcorn with James at the same movie theatre where I saw my very first feature film (“The Apple Dumpling Gang“) with my grandmother on a Friday night many many moons ago
- This time, we saw “Lincoln,” which we both thought was very good
- Managing to keep awake this New Year’s Eve until midnight — a bit of a rarity for me!
- The lady pheasant who arrived at our birdfeeder last weekend seems to have become a permanent resident, which suits us fine 🙂
- A heating bill this week that was $60 less than our average bill last year
- An “all clear” on the repeat mammogram I needed Thursday
- After the previous two items, we decided to start a gratitude jar for our family this year
- The cold eased a bit today, allowing me to take the pups for a long walk in the woods, our first of the new year
- The woods were so peaceful, just some new deer tracks, but otherwise we had them to ourselves
- Reminiscing with my siblings this morning about my brother’s superhero costumes, the homemade capes, his insistence on wearing them with cowboy boots
- My parents’ discovery of my concert t-shirts from the early days (David Bowie, U2, etc.)
- A relaxing but productive weekend at home, and the return of Saturday night Scrabble (James won AGAIN, 311 to 289, grr)
- I then explained to him my theory of “winning” beyond the conventional definition, which of course made me the winner, despite having fewer points; we both went to bed laughing at ourselves 🙂
And what are you grateful for this week?