gratitude — the state of being grateful : thankfulness
On this Gratitude Sunday, I am grateful for:
- The luxury of time I have had this week to spend with friends and family; fewer people have the option to take extended breaks from work, so I really appreciate these special days
- Taking a break from life’s normal routines, which for me means sleeping in past 4 am, wearing pjs all day, having a second cup of coffee, watching birds all morning, and not knitting FOR TWO WHOLE DAYS! (starting to miss it, of course :-))
- Great sales at the Sierra Trading Post; we saved a lot of $$$ stocking up on thermals this week
- Beautiful Christmas Eve service to follow our tradition of listening to the live broadcast of a Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols from King’s College, Cambridge, UK — always sets the right mood
- Awesome Boxing Day breakfast with one of my oldest friends (oldest, as in knowing each other practically since birth :-))
- Snow, snow, and more snow, including the ever so rare WHITE Christmas — beautiful!
- Enjoying time with the Little People
- The food — oh the FOOD! So delicious, so abundant
- My cozy spot by the wood stove, as the wind whirls the snow outside
- Snow tubing with our nephew — slightly scary but oh so fun! Being at the ski resort made me more determined to take the ski lessons I’ve been meaning to (must learn to turn left! :-))
- Cards, so many holiday greetings from friends all over the world, feeling the love
- Superdark chocolate. With hazelnuts. Yum!
- Finding bits of quiet time amidst the chaos and busyness
- The generosity of our friends and family
- A new good diner find; correction, two new good diner finds! 🙂
- Peacefully sleeping pups
- Winter landscapes
- Hot chocolates with fresh whipped cream
- Visits from this beautiful female pheasant; she arrived during yesterday’s snowstorm and has made multiple stops at our bird feeder since. Hoping she evades our hunterly neighbors!
- Loving our decision to live in the countryside, which allows us this intimacy with nature
- The open plan for the next few days, puttering, finishing projects (kitchen curtains and pillows!), dreaming of new ones for the new year 🙂
- Counting our many, many blessings
And what are you grateful for today?